Welcome to PEOPLE Pets!

Meet other pet owners in the Chicago area — make new friends, human and animal!

Best dog parks

Postby Cattawala » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Here's a list I came up with:on google

1. Challenger Park
1101 W. Irving Park Road

2. Churchill Field Park
1825 N. Damen Avenue
The dog park is located on the park's southeast side.

3. Coliseum Park
1466 S. Wabash

4. Grant Park
S. Columbus Drive near 9th Street

5. Hamlin Park
3035 N. Hoyne Avenue
The dog park is located in the park's southwest corner.

6. Lake Shore East Park
450 E. Benton Place
(West of Lake Shore Drive, south of Wacker Drive, and North of Randolph Street.)

7. Margate Park
4921 N. Marine Drive
The dog area is located toward the southeast end of the park.

8. Montrose Beach
Wilson Avenue and the Lake

9. Grace Noethling Park (aka Wiggly Field)
2645 N. Sheffield Avenue
The entire park is dedicated to dogs, so you should have no problem finding the dog "area."

10. River Park
5100 N. Francisco

11. Walsh Playground Park
1722 N. Ashland Avenue
The dog park is located at the north end of the park, along the train tracks.

12. Wicker Park
1425 N. Damen
The dog area is located in the park's southeast corner.
Meet Cattawala
From Chicago, IL
  •  

Re: Best dog parks, a partial review

Postby Douglas Clancy Hale » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:23 pm

Thank you Cattawala for this list! I have been to a few of theese so I thought that I might give your readers my review of what I liked about the ones I've visited.

Margate Park
4921 N. Marine Drive
5 star rating. North Marine Dr is the best spot to access the "Puptown Dog Park" at the lake. It is hands down the largest that I have been to. The really great thing is that it is at the lake! With all of the bike and jogging trails it isn't difficult to give your dog some great excersize, and of course the park is so big that there is something for absolutely everyone.

River Park
5100 N. Francisco.
5 star rating for having everything you could want. Swimming, Tennis, Baseball, Soccer and plenty of play areas for children. I have never seen a designated doggie run, but the park is so big that I may have missed it. There is plenty of open area for frizby fun so it's all good!

Wicker Park
1425 N. Damen. I rate this park a 4.5 star. It has plenty to do for everyone. The doggie park has no obsticles course but features more than just cement areas to explore.

Lake Shore East Park
450 E. Benton Place.
4 stars for the location and beauty. I found no "obsticle park" for the dogs to play in but then it isn't a dog only park.

Walsh Playground Park
1722 N. Ashland Avenue.
4 stars for the excellent opportunities for children. The doggie section compares favoably with the Wiggly Field obsticle park.

Grace Noethling Park (aka Wiggly Field)
2645 N. Sheffield Avenue.
3 star rating because it is fairly small, and totally cement, but it does have plenty of summer shade and a doggie obsticle park next to the tracks. I drove by but didn't stop.

Hamlin Park
3035 N. Hoyne Avenue
2.5 stars. The park is tiny and I have seen bigger dog runs in peoples back yards.

I love dog training, and so having a great out of doors spot is nice. Got some training tips for everyone at http://happydogtips.com/
Meet Douglas Clancy Hale
  •  

Re: Best dog parks

Postby netwarrior007 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Thanks Douglas for this information list of dog parks. I also have a list of A to Z of Best Dog Names found here at http://www.lifeofdog.com
Meet netwarrior007
  •  

Postby yommytec » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks for the list. Margate Park is a bit closer to me but never knew until I read this post. Thanks once again.
Meet yommytec
  •  

Postby eric » Wed May 02, 2012 3:30 am

nice information....i appreciated your effort..I would like to see more posts like this.thanks
Meet eric
  •  

Postby chesterob » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:23 am

I never been at Margate Park together with my dog. I'll check there later and bring along my dog. I bet there are lots of dogs there.
Meet chesterob
  •  

Postby bryananthony » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:52 am

I had a Newfoundland breeds and we went to Montrose beach. I had so much fun with my dog swimming.
Meet bryananthony
  •  

Return to Chicago-Area Pet Owners