Welcome to PEOPLE Pets!

Chat about your dog's behavior issues and training experiences

Neighbors with Dogs Behaving Badly!

Postby Buffy2009 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:20 pm

I live in a condo building with a grassy backyard. It's a pet-friendly building, and most of the residents are good about picking up after their dogs and keeping them behaved. But there is one resident whose dog is always off-leash, and has relieved herself in the lobby! The nonowner residents have complained about the dogs, but I think it's just this one resident who's causing the issues. Is there anything that can be done?
Meet Buffy2009
From New York City, NY
  •  

Re: Neighbors with Dogs Behaving Badly!

Postby jbmerrill69 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:19 am

I am a dog trainer, pet socialite, in a large apartment community. You might want to check your lease for rules about laws on leashing, disruptive behavior and not picking up after their pet. These rules are also LAWS that can be enforced by animal control agencies. There are very stiff fines for these offenses. Of course, I would prefer to talk to the person and offer them the bags to use to pick up and maybe give them a name of an inexpensive dog trainer that would be willing to give them a few pointers on living in a community setting with others that have dogs. That way, EVERYONE is following the rules, so we can all live in harmony with each other. It's always better to take the high road in these situations. In my many years of experience throwing gas on a fire resolves nothing. It's unfortunate the LACK OF EDUCATION ON THE OWNERS PART. People like this should not even own pets!!! That's just my opinion. Good Luck.
Meet jbmerrill69
  •  

Postby netwarrior007 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:03 pm

It's an unfortunate situation because people who decide to buy Dogs For Sale , and lives closely to others e.g flats must know they are responsible for their behavior, and make sure they don't disrupt the peace of the other tenants. Such dog owners need Dog Training Ideas that will help get their dogs get some good basic behavior characteristics. Such ideas are found all over the internet, and some are found here http://www.lifeofdog.com :D
Meet netwarrior007
  •  

Postby andrewsleroy06 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:07 pm

although I am not a dog expert but i am a dog lover. I do everything i can to learn the ways of my four legged friends. I watched dog whisperer and I applied it on my dogs. It Works! you just have to get to know the psychology of dogs. :D ....Im a pet enthusiast myself and a business man that involves cute critters..Animals should be understood according to their psychology not as human psychology or else they develop issues
Meet andrewsleroy06
  •  

Postby andrewsleroy06 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Suggesting the homeowners association on what to do with that neighbor is a great move.. Suggesting the owner on having a boot camp on his dog cause they got bored or having them realized that they could have other pets such as cats, ferret or perhaps considering a hamster http://www.dwarfhamstersite.com/hamster-types/. You can never underestimate dogs when they are frustrated please let dogs be dogs.
Meet andrewsleroy06
  •  

Postby HLawMediation » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:23 pm

You may also consider Animal Conflict resolution
It is not litigation.
Mediation is used by the people in conflict, with a neutral party helping them see their side and the other party's side. It helps them find a party driven solution. Check out my web site which explains the process more fully. Follow me on facebook and twitter.
Hamilton Law and Mediation- Helping people resolve conflicts involving animals without litigation.
Debra Vey Voda-Hamilton
Meet HLawMediation
  •  

Postby ahillwe1811 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Contact Debra VeyVoda-Hamilton for Conflict Resolution regarding Pets/Animals. It is mediation without litigation. Animal Conflicts will always be with us. However, how we respond and resolve these conflicts is changing.

HLM is focused on the resolution of animal conflicts using Mediation and Collaborative Practice.
http://www.hamiltonlawandmediation.com/HLMContact.html

It works!
Alisa Hill
Meet ahillwe1811
  •  

Postby annemobley23 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:25 am

Have you contacted the condo management about it? how to gain weight fast
Maybe they can issue letters reminding the residents about the rules for pets in the condominium, hopefully the case would not be resolved peacefully by mediation.
Meet annemobley23
  •  

Postby sicnermafde345 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:35 pm

approach that resident about their pet behavior. :)

weight lifting routine
Meet sicnermafde345
  •  

Postby seanpaul » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:21 am

I was extremely happy to locate this website.I wanted to thank you with regard to this terrific read!! I certainly appreciated every little bit of it. training dog potty
Meet seanpaul
  •  

Next

Return to Dog Training